[Thinlinc-technical] Seamless RDP not functioning on Gentoo

Morgan Samson morgan.samson at millemercis.com
Thu Aug 12 13:19:52 CEST 2010

Good morning,
My name is Morgan Samson, I have a problem with seamlessrdp when I try to use on  windows server 2008  with terminale Service and RemoteApp installed on it.
I work on Gentoo.

My problem is when I try to connect i have this error:

rdesktop -A  -s  'c:\seamlessrdp\seamlessrdpshell.exe notepad.exe'  -u ********* -p ******* -d *******   IPaddress

WARNING: Broken Window Manager: doesn't handle restack (window was moved to bottom)
WARNING: Remote desktop does not support colour depth 24; falling back to 16

I follow the instruction on the website:  http://www.cendio.com/seamlessrdp/
With others on internet.
When I use on Windows Xp, seamlessrdp work very well after configured local policy to support color depth 24Bit.
I do the same thing on windows server 2008 but nothing to do,  don't work.
I find seamless very interesting and I want to deploy on my enterprise for  the administrators but
I don't know what I can to do for resolv my problem.
I hope someone can help me. If you need more information contact me.

And sorry for my english!!!!!!!!!

Morgan Samson

28, rue de Châteaudun
75009 Paris

[cid:image001.gif at 01CB3A21.0CB4FA30]<http://www.1000mercis.com/>

www.1000mercis.com<http://www.1000mercis.com>

morgan.samson at millemercis.com<mailto:morgan.samson at millemercis.com>

Standard :

+33 (0) 1 49 49 06 60

Fax :

+33 (0) 1 49 49 06 61

Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement