[Thinlinc-technical] More users / Less servers

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Aug 13 09:01:47 CEST 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Marcos de Souza Trazzini - Avancera wrote:

> BTW, lest keep focus on the point here: What I´m trying to do is provide a
> lightweight desktop environment to serve as front-end for published
> application access over ThinLinc, and that´s why I´m putting some efforts to
> make it happen. The idea here is not to claim about any kind of ThinLinc

Feel free to do that. I was merely trying to explain why we are not
putting resources into doing the same, since this problem basically
doesn't exist in many other parts of the world. Also, make sure that you
don't forget that the hardware cost is only one part of the total cost: A
"homemade" solution/system will likely require more support, maintenance
etc. Putting a lot of labour time into the solution might not be a problem
for you, but vendors might find it hard to support such a custom built
solution.

Rgds,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer