[Thinlinc-technical] tl-homecreatefilter

John Johansson john.johansson at edu.monsteras.se
Mon May 21 13:37:46 CEST 2007

Dear list,

I'm having a problem with  tl-homecreatefilter.sh.  Basically it behaves
strange when it comes to local drives mounted to thindrives.

error description:

When I connect to the thinlinc desktop via the windows client, and have
checked export local drives as rw, I can only save documents or create
folders directly under /home/testho00/thindrives/c or
/home/testho00/thindrives/d and not to a subdirectory thereof. (c and d
correpsonds to the two local drvies i have mounted, but the error could
just aswell be an usb drive etc.)

If I enter a subdirectory to the above mentioned paths, i get an  access
denied message when trying to save or create something new. But, yes
there's a but, I can move objects, files and folders, into  any
subdirectory, but not copy or symlink to them, if I try any of the
latter, i get the same access denied error as metioned.

An excerpt from /var/opt/thinlinc/sessions/testho00/last/xinit.log (It
might be unrelated but i might aswell included it):

    *ERROR: ld.so: object 'libhomecreatefilter.so' from LD_PRELOAD
    cannot be preloaded: ignored.*

*
*/opt/thinlinc/etc/homecreatefilter.conf:

    # Allow all dotfiles
    .*

    # Desktop
    Desktop
    Trash
    trash.desktop
    Home.desktop
    System.desktop

    # For KDE 3.4
    KDE.startkde.*

    # For KDE 3.2: Allow all processes with command line ending with
    "ksmserver"
    :*ksmserver

I have tried inlcuding "thindrives" in the above configuration but with
no effect.

System is running on rhel client 5.

Thanks
John Johansson