[Thinlinc-technical] Perfect usage case for your Seamless RDP !

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Fri Mar 23 10:03:32 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> > > I guess VirtualBox could work in a ThinLinc environment. Since it supports
> > > Windows Server 2003, you should be able to replace your physical WTS
> > > servers with VirtualBox machines, running on the same machines as
> > > ThinLinc, right?

> I don't really understood what ThinLinc is, so it's difficult to tell.
> Is it a terminal service, like Remote Desktop or NX ?

Yes. From http://freshmeat.net/projects/thinlinc/:

"ThinLinc is a fast and versatile thin client system. It is based on open
protocols such as TightVNC, SSH, and PulseAudio. The ThinLinc server
software can be used to distribute Linux/Unix desktops to thin clients.
The system also supports Windows Terminal Services and CodeWeavers
CrossOver. ThinLinc supports redirection of sound, local printers, disk
drives, and serial ports, on top of SSH. It also features a unique
"one-click" integration tool for Novell eDirectory. Clients are available
for a wide variety of platforms."

Take a look at our web site for more information.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.se