[Thinlinc-technical] Perfect usage case for your Seamless RDP !

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Thu Mar 22 10:14:27 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> I would like to introduce you into something revolutionary !
>
> A FULL integration between openSUSE Host and Windows XP guest, using
> VirtualBox virtualization software + your seamless RDP !
>
> Take a look at the screenshot:
> http://www.virtualbox.org/attachment/ticket/149/snapshot-Win-a.jpg

Nice, this looks pretty cool. But don't you think users will be confused
by a desktop which is partly Linux, partly Windows?

> We (OSS community) have made a very strong push of this technology to
> allow to build next-generation Open-Source virtualization software.
> VirtualBox is at the core technology of the stack, available under
> GPL, plus now your Seamless RDP module that makes life very nice and
> much better than without it!!!
>
> VirtualBox is an Open-Source competition to VMware, so stay tuned, and
> let's help each-other.

I guess VirtualBox could work in a ThinLinc environment. Since it supports
Windows Server 2003, you should be able to replace your physical WTS
servers with VirtualBox machines, running on the same machines as
ThinLinc, right?

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer