[Thinlinc-technical] Flash Player Sound and ThinLinc

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Thu Feb 16 09:36:37 CET 2006

Les Halliday wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hardware HP DL380 G4
> ThinLinc Server/Agents 1.4.1
> TLCOS clients 1.4.1
> Thinlinc client rpm 1.4.1
> firefox 1.0.6 & 1.5.0.1
> Shockwave flash plugin 7.0 r25 & 7.0r61
>
> Problem no sound when accessing a site using flash player on two of the four servers.
> http://www.multimedia.skolutveckling.se/scripts/view/frame.asp?i=33475
>
> I have four vsmagent servers which I assume to be identical. Accesing about:plugins when having a sessions on each server shows no difference. On two of the servers when visiting the above link I have no sound, a session with either the other two servers no problem. On the servers where I have no sound from flash player I can visit www.quicktime.com and watch a movie trailer and steaming sound is not a problem. Also, listening to mp3's or using multimedia software while having a session with a server where I experience no sound from flash player site work fine.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

I assume esddsp is used to get flash to play its sound through ThinLinc.
So I would suggest to start with checking that the script that handles
firefox startup is identical on all machines.

Also make sure there are no lingering firefox processes. If there is one
started incorrectly and still around then you won't get a new process,
only a new window, when you run 'firefox'.

You could also try verifying that all machines have identical packages
installed (dump `rpm -qa` to file and diff that).

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com