[Thinlinc-announce] ThinLinc 4.11.0 released

Samuel Mannehed samuel at cendio.se
Wed Dec 18 15:38:36 CET 2019

Cendio are proud to present ThinLinc 4.11.0, with more than 60
enhancements and fixes. The most prominent changes are:

* ThinLinc Web Access has receieved an overhaul where a large number of
  minor issues have been fixed and compatibility with modern systems
  has been improved.

* Several related security issues have been found in ThinLinc by
  Kaspersky Lab. These affect the graphics components in ThinLinc and
  could allow an attacker to take control over the ThinLinc Client or a
  user's session. Note that an attacker would first need to
  authenticate, and would not gain any access that the affected user
  would not normally have. This is currently a theoretical issue where
  no working exploits have yet been demonstrated. Users are advised to
  upgrade when convenient. For very sensitive environments more urgency
  may be appropriate.

A detailed description of the this release is available at
https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/docs/relnotes/4.11.0 .

The client and server software can be downloaded directly from our web
page. As before, the software is completely free for up to 5 concurrent
users. You can also test ThinLinc 4.11.0 by creating an account on our
demo system.

Get started using ThinLinc 4.11.0 by visiting our getting started page
at https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/how-to-get-started

Regards,
--
Samuel Mannehed         Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com